Looking back, moving forward

As in previous years (201120122013201420152016, 2017, 2018, 2019), here is my annual recap of how my year unfolded.

In January, I created some custom lettering for the cover of Chatelaine magazine.

In February, I lettered a unique note for a Maison Simons advertisement. I also got the chance to do some window painting at Type Books.

In March, I created a quick custom letter animation for the new H Word podcast.

At the end of June, I released three Pride graphics to share on Instagram.

To mark this bizarre year, and my 38th birthday, I did a self-portrait in graphite in July. I also released a couple of new custom signs in August: Start & 100% homo milk.

In September, I launched two new online course books: Brush pen lettering, as well as Showcard and Sign Painting. I also released my new Rotary calendar. Also, Life is Good!

In October, I created a small campaign called Not Amazing to encourage people to shop local. I also teamed up with some amazing Toronto artists to do a special Holiday card sale - it was a huge success! I also had the chance to paint the window of the new Craig's Cookies.

In November, I was featured on the podcast Talk Paper Scissors (thanks again, Diana!) My work was also featured for four weeks at the Window Gallery exhibit on Church Street (thanks again, Sonja!)

And before the year came to an end, I painted a special note on the The Theatre Centre windows, and also created a unique Parkdale High Park custom lettering commission.

2020 was a year like no other. Thanks to everyone for your support. Have a safe and happy holiday!