Two-word truths


One of my favourite lettering projects last year was the Be Kind lino print I created for my winter collection. I enjoyed every aspect of the process, from the original sketching, to the carving, to the inking and printing of the final pieces (you can check out the full process here). But most importantly, I loved that such a short, simple phrase resonated with so many people.


I decided to take what I learned from that project and expand it in to a year-long project I am calling "Two-word truths". Each month for 2014, I will commit to creating one new limited edition lino print based on a short inspirational quote. The copy has already been selected and the layouts have been finalized to ensure that that series has a cohesive flavour. At the beginning of each month, I will unveil the "truth" for the month, and at the end of 2014, I will have 12 new prints!

Here is a preview of how the year will look, with the first two prints (for January and February) revealed:



The first two prints, "Do good" and "Work hard" are printed and available for purchase for $20 each. These 9" x 9" limited edition lino prints are based on original hand-lettering by yours truly. Printed in black ink on bright white 250gsm cotton archival paper.



And here's the best part: I have also created a "Two-word truths" print-of-the-month subscriptionFor $120 (a 50% savings!), you can pre-purchase all 12 prints and receive a new print in your mailbox at the beginning of each month.

You can subscribe at any point during the year – I will simply send you all the prints that have been released up to that date.

The "Two-word truths" print-of-the-month subscription is a perfect gift for anyone who loves hand-lettering and all things handmade. Think about how awesome it would be to give – and receive – an inspirational piece of art of each month!

I am so excited to watch this project grow throughout the year. I hope that these hand-lettered, hand-printed, heart-felt words will create joy and inspiration in your home or work space.

Watch for third print coming in first week of March – keep your eyes on my Instagram to watch my progress. And head over to the shop to pick up your copy of "Do good" and "Work hard" today!

Thanks for your support!