Alphabet 100 print


I am proud to unveil the new Alphabet 100 print to my online shop. For 52 consecutive weeks in 2012, I chose one letter, drew 100 variations of it, and then rendered the best or most interesting option in Illustrator. After 5200 thumbnail sketches, 52 complete illustrations, and over 200 hours of work, this is the final compilation of letters in full printed technicolour glory.

When I started back in January 2012, I had no idea how the project would evolve. But as the weeks progressed, it turned out that most (actually, all but two) of the final illustrations represented something that started with that letter. One exception was upper case 'Y'; in this case, I substituted the lower case 'y', and created a new lower case version:


The second anomaly was lower case 'a', so I went back to the drawing board and created this version:


With these two revisions, here is the complete list of alphabet illustrations:



These 24" x 24" prints are ink jet printed in Toronto in full colour on 180gsm ultra white matte cotton-based art paper. Each illustration is 2" x 2".

More detailed photos below.


The perfect gift for any child, or the child in all of us. Purchase your copy here.
Thanks in advance!