TTCSI Case #2 - Backwards letters

Case #2
The accused: Businesses on Church Street, Toronto
The crime: Backwards letters on signage

I've been living in Toronto for over a year, and everytime I walk through my neighborhood, I consider walking into these establishments and asking who made their signs. Or, finding a ladder and fixing them myself.


Anyone with a finely-tuned eye will notice that the sign maker has horizontally reversed one of the seemingly symmetrical seriffed characters.
Ruling: Serif fonts are generally designed to have a pleasing visual rhythm and flow by using a combination of thick and thin strokes (reminiscent of calligraphic brush strokes). When dealing with cutouts, stencils or signage lettering, please try to observe the type designer's intent and set your characters correctly.